The town responded magnificently to our invitation to bring apples up to the QEII Daniel Park and there was a lovely atmosphere. The press was in constant use throughout the morning, and Richard (www.myapplejuice.co.uk) took away gallons of freshly squeezed juice to pasteurize and bottle up at his plant near Hungerford.
A massive amount of apples were also donated to FOWPS, which should enable them to raise a few hundred pounds for the school in due course.
Huge thanks to the following people who helped to make the event such a success:
- Richard and his assistant Graham, My Apple Juice
- Chris Blake, primary school Site Manager
- Louise Walsh and all her helpers from FOWPS
- Chris Bird (Sparsholt) and David Graty (Minstead Study Centre) - our apple panel
- The Andover Museum Loft Singers, Paul Sartin and Jon Wilks
- Gus, Emily and everyone from Stockbridge Young Farmers Club
- Mayor and Mayoress Buckley and the Town Clerks
- Linda and Jade at BDBC
- Whitchurch residents who attended or helped their neighbours pick apples
- and of course all the Friends of QEII Daniel Park who gave me the benefit of the doubt...